Birth in Canada
Children born in Canada to parent(s) of Nigerian decent can apply to obtain a Nigerian Passport.
Passport Application Requirements and Checklist for Children Born in Canada
- Birth Certificate and Statement of Birth indicating the name(s) of the Nigerian parent(s)
- Two passport size photographs
- Completed on-line application form with printed copies of the acknowledgement
- Payment slip as evidence of the online payment for the passport application
- Letter of consent from the parent(s) stating support/approval of the application
- Photocopy of the data page of valid Nigerian Passport(s) of the Nigerian parent(s)
- Two (2) self-addressed return mailing envelopes (Canada Post Priority or Xpresspost envelope).
- All passport applicants are required to be physically present on the appointment date specified on the payment confirmation receipt. If the applicant cannot be present on the appointment day, the applicant may reschedule another appointment. Applicants will only be able to reschedule the appointment after the initial appointment day has passed.