Welcome to the official website of the Nigeria High Commission in Ottawa, Canada.

Contact time
Gen: M-F 9:00-15:00 EST
Con: T-F 10:00-13:00 EST
NIN IS MANDATORY FOR PASSPORT RENEWAL.

February 27, 2023BY Abu Susan ( 18 ) Comment

18 thoughts on “NIN IS MANDATORY FOR PASSPORT RENEWAL.
  1. SamSays

7 months ago

Hi, I visited the embassy last month to renew my passport. However, this was not completed as the passport officer could not reytrieve my NIN information. I went back to the NIN office and recaptured. I just received the NIN slip but the number on the recaptured slip is different to the number on the application form. I was told to come back to the embassy after resolving NIN issue. I tried to edit my application form on innovate services but this impossible. I contacted innovate but no response. I would like to know if i can just come into the embassy with the new NIN for my passport renewal even though the old one is still on the form. Appreciate your quick response as i urgently need to renew my passport.

1. Abu SusanSays

7 months ago

Please come with the new NIN slip. The Immigration officers will adjust it for you.

2. Mark DappaSays

7 months ago

Hi please I am trying to renew my Nigeria passport. Have completed my passport form on the Immigration site, but when I try to submit and pay, I get a message cannot process this request now, try again later. This for a week now. Can assist in anyway

1. Abu SusanSays

6 months ago

Please, send a message to generalinquiries@nigeriahcottawa.ca for assistance.

3. Ifeoma AnyaejiSays

6 months ago

Hello is the NIN the same as the one (Personal NO) on the National Identity card I got in 2005? Also, please I am unable to "Signup" to start the Passport renewal application. It wants me to Sign-in but I don't remember my password and I didn't get any response when I clicked "Forgot password". Hi, could this be resolved as I want to renew my passport. Thank you

1. Abu SusanSays

6 months ago

Please contact innovate1pay about your password. 2. Please go to our news update page on the website to read about NIN or you can google it.

4. Chijioke EliasSays

6 months ago

Hi, Please, how do I know that my NIN slip number is correct and valid? Where can I check if my NIN number is valid?

1. Abu SusanSays

6 months ago

Please call the vendor in your location to check the system for you. The list of all vendors within Canada can be found on our website in the latest news section.

5. Etiosa KonyehaSays

6 months ago

Hi, i am coming to the embassy to renew my passport i have lost the origami NIN slip but have a clear picture of it. is that ok to bring for that. Thanks

1. Abu SusanSays

6 months ago

Yes you can.

6. Miki OparaSays

5 months ago

Hello please I’ve been trying to get an NiN number in Canada but cannot download the form from any of the links provided. Please do I need it to renew my passport as I’ve never had one, been in Canada since 2016

1. Abu SusanSays

4 months ago

What form? I do not understand your message. If you need to get your NIN, please, take a look at the list of vendors in Canada on our website under the latest news. Call the vendor in your location or close to you to book your appointment.

7. Semilore OmoyinmiSays

5 months ago

Hello, I have been trying for 2 days as of now to submit the form for passport renewal and make the payment, but every time I click on either "submit and pay now" or "submit and pay later" button, I get an error saying "Your request cannot be processed at this time, please try again later."

1. Abu SusanSays

4 months ago

Refresh and try again. It may be a network problem.

8. Aisha ASays

5 months ago

Hello, I have received my NIN number from the vendor, however, I am still yet to get the slip and it has been over a month now. The vendor keeps saying it's processing. Can I still show up with only the NIN number I was given? My work permit is expiring and I will need a new passport to be able to extend it. Thanks.

1. Abu SusanSays

4 months ago

You need the slip for confirmation. If the vendor is not responding to you, please, call the secondary number at the top of the list of vendors on our website to report the matter.

9. Osas EmovonSays

5 months ago

Hello, I came to the Embassy with my son on February 13, 2023 for his passport renewal. Up until now May 15, 2023 the said passport have still not been issued. My son’s name is Mycah Imla Emovon. Please can someone or anyone tell us what the precise issue is. We have had to forego a family vacation even with flight tickets bought because we have not received his passport. Do I have to come back physically to the Embassy to get an update or a reason why his passport is not ready after 3 whole months?

10. Eric IlesanmiSays

4 months ago

Hello Admin, I got captured for my NIN on the 25th of April, 2023. I haven't received any update as per my NIN number or slip. Please advice what next step to take. I'm in the process of reapplying for my lost passport, all other supporting documents is set only for the NIN number. Can I still go ahead and book for my passport application or wait till I have an update on the NIN? Thanks

Leave Comments